Day 01:SAI GON- MY THO - BEN TRE Day 02: BEN TRE Day 03: BEN TRE - TRAVINH Day 04: TRA VINH Day 05: VINH TRA - VINH LONG - SA DEC Day 06: SA DEC - CAI BE Day 07: CAI BE - SA DEC - CAN THO Day 08: CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET - CAN THO - SAI GON
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh - MY THO - BEN TRE
- 8:00, departure for MyTho. Upon arrival, visit the Vinh Trang Pagoda, Trung Trac Market and then the Orchid Garden.
- Boat trip on the Mekong to the island of Licore and Phung (Phoenix - also called "cocotérisme" (Dao Dua), the island of Phung (Phoenix), visit the workshops of coconut products.
Continuation of the visit of the candy factory in coconut, tasting of exotic fruits .... honey at Mr. Nam Ngo.In addition, you have a good opportunity to listen to the folk music of the Mekong Delta: donate did you? Continuation of the cruise in small channels.
- Departure for Ben Tre. Installation at Mango Home Riverside.
Day 2 (19 January 2017): BEN TRE (Breakfast - Dinner with cooking classes)
- Take a horse cart ride through the local village of Huu Dinh to enjoy the green fields and gardens. Continue with a short walk to the Huu Phuoc Bridge where you will take the rowing boat crossing small canals with beautiful tropical landscapes. On board the boat, enjoy a welcome drink (mango cocktail) and tropical fruits during the cruise.
- The first cruise stop in a brick shop, where locals still use traditional secular methods to make bricks by hand. Then return to your boat to cross the An Hoa River, where you take a sampan trip through narrow canals and enjoy the tranquility of the area.
The sampan visits you one of our friends, Ms. Huong, who lives with her 3 children and grandson - they live by fishing, shrimps and orchards. Enjoy fresh fruit and tea before visiting a small rice-noodle factory, one of the most popular breakfast dishes in the area.
- Then cycle and ride on the roads of the green gardens and local houses of the village, and go down to another local house where they live on a traditional family business, building sampan boats. Then continue a bike ride to visit Mr. SauTuong, a former Vietcong soldier who survived two years fighting against the Khmer Rouge in Phnom Penh. Now he and his wife live making rice papers, the most famous specialty of MyLong village. Make conversation with him and enjoy the crisp rice paper made by his wife, and watch the process of how it is made.
- Then return to the village to continue the road bike ride to a local restaurant by the river. It's time to relax and enjoy a 5-course lunch of local specialties. Relax and walk in the garden after lunch, then visit the neighboring house of Mr. Hung, who is a famous glutinous rice maker in the village. You can also eat catfish and walk through its fruit garden.
- Return the house to catch local fish in the pond and choose your own vegetables, and then early in the evening to join the cooking demonstration to be prepared with the family or host.
- Night at Mango Home Riverside.
Day 3 (20 January 2017): BEN TRE - TRAVINH (Breakfast)
Breakfast. At 9am, departure for Tra Vinh - one of the most beautiful cities of the Mekong Delta, unknown to mass tourism because it is isolated on a peninsula.
- You will visit the Ang Pagoda, one of the oldest Khmer pagodas in the province, located on the edge of the pond Ba Om which would have served as a basin of ablutions for the Angkorian temple that once stood nearby.
- Next, the KompomChray pagoda or chua Hang - its Khmer name is KompomChray, also known as Hang Pagoda (cave pagoda or tunnel pagoda). The Hang Pagoda is home to thousands of birds and storks, just their singing and the prayers of the monks, you will feel like entering a world far from everything.
- Night at the hotel GIA HOA 2
Day 4: TRAVINH (Breakfast)
- Morning, bike riding to the lovely southern countryside. At Cau Ngang Khmer market in the morning. No western in sight. Beastmen and fish galore. Pond with ibis and storks around the pagoda at Ham Giang.
- Visit to Tra Cu: large factory of shoes that flood our supermarkets; lovely Khmer workers. Stop in the cities to eat excellent Hu Tieu (at your expense). In this region take the secondary roads, visit the villages and the rice fields, green in season. Visit the WatTompong pagoda, a Buddhist educational site in the province.
- Continue south, to reach the Khmer pagoda "Chùacò", we will see the sight of storks that find their nest in the late afternoon.
- Night at the hotel GIA HOA 2
Day 5: VINH TRA - VINH LONG - SA DEC (Breakfast, Dinner). (Dinner and night at the inhabitants)
- You will then go to Vinh Long, passing by beautiful landscapes along the Dong Phu Canal, and the HoaBinhPhuocBinh and An Binh islands, famous for their orchards. Stops can be made on the way to see the bonsai garden of Tam Ho, the temple of literature (Van Thanh), The house on stilts of Mr. Muoi Day, made of wood, is located in the arroyo of Minh Hoa . Back, flowers a garden of Rambutans and longaniers; the colonial church of An Binh built in 1937 by the French, small colonial houses, etc.
- The Khmer Pagoda of Vat Angkor IchaBorei (ChuaSamrong): Located a few kilometers from Vinh Long, it was built in 1642 in an island of sugar palms. You can see frescoes, but mostly multicolored statues, wood and cement.
- Departure for Sa Dec. Dinner and Night at the Mandarin House HUYNH THUAN.
Day 6: Sa Dec - Cai Be (Breakfast, Dinner) (Dinner and overnight at the locals)
- City tour: TRUNG VUONG primary school, Kiến An Cung pagoda, PhướcHưngTự pagoda, Mandarin HuỳnhThuận house, visit the nursery and horticulture, admire the beautiful flowering of many flowers, unique plants are made up of hands skilled craftsmen.
- Departure for Cai Be. Visit of the colonial houses around CAÏBE (ancient house of Cai Tong Huy, Ba Kiet ...)
- Installation in the ancient house. Free time at your leisure.
- Dinner and Night at Ba Đưc
Day 7: Cai Be - Sa Dec - Can Tho - Cruise and overnight on SONG XANH's padan (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Road to the Cai Be pier.
- Our cruise will begin around 10am at the private pier of Phu An, a typical small delta town located about two hours drive south of Saigon. You will be welcomed by the crew on board. As soon as your installation finishes, the cruise will weigh anchor for an interesting cruise of 2 days 1 night on board.
- During the cruise, an optional stop will be made in local houses to see how to make rice paste and popcorn, coconut candies and the drying process of longan fruit. You will then visit the colorful floating market of Cai Be among the local barges full of fruits and vegetables.
- Then, the cruise will head for Dong HoaHiep and Sa Dec, cruise upstream on the Tien Giang River, one of the two widest arms of the Mekong River. The green islands in the middle of the Mekong River provide wide networks of winding rivers, with innumerable interlocking arroyos and remain unknown to many people.
- The cruise will sail through a beautiful canal where you can observe some plantations of water hyacinths on the edges, used for furniture and handicrafts.
- You will disembark and make a small rowing boat cruise through narrow canals through a small village and tropical fruit gardens. Further on the edges, some dark smokes will show you one of the brickworks where you will have an interesting visit.
- Back in cruise, it will head to Sa Dec. The city of Sa Dec will appear as a small "Venice" with many narrow canals and various activities on the edges.
- Disembark for a stroll through the local market, stroll along the small streets where the old French houses and Chinese temples dating from the last century are numerous.
- Visit the old house dating back to 1890, the home of Mr. Huynh Thuy Le, the lover of the famous writer Marguerite Duras. (Watch the movie "The lover" transformed since the new "The lover" of Marguerite Duras).
- Back on the cruise, lunch will be served on board while the cruise will continue sailing towards Can Tho through pretty narrow canals passing some bamboo monkey bridges and small typical villages.
- Some stops planned to make contact directly with the local inhabitants, you will also visit a temple of Cao Dai (religion Caodaism). The last stop of this day will be spent at a beautiful old Mandarin house dating back to the early nineteenth century.
- After being greeted by the owners, you will have a candlelit dinner, an unforgettable experience in a warm atmosphere.
- After dinner, the cruise will continue cruising for an hour to Can Tho before anchoring in a quiet area. Your bed will be ready for the first night on the Mekong River.
- Overnight aboard Sampan Song Xanh.
Day 8: CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET - Can Tho - Sai Gon. (Breakfast)
- Around 06:00 am, the cruise will start the cruise slightly.
- Your breakfast will be served on board at around 7 am when the cruise will approach the Cai Rang Floating Market, the largest and most lively in the Mekong Delta.
- Amazing show and more authentic hundreds of sampans serving as shops filled with local products: rice, fruits and vegetables, handicrafts, ...
- Your cruise will end at 10am at Ninh Kieu wharf after a visit to the local Can Tho market.
- Landing. CANTHO Tour: Munirangsyaram Pagoda - stunning pagoda symbolizes Khmer presence in the region; The Bang Lang Stork Park is an avian reserve where you can see all kinds of birds; The Can Tho Orchid Park, located in the Ben Thuy House. Visit the temple of Ong and the museum of Can Tho.
- In the afternoon, return to Sai Gon.
End of our journey!
- Transport in private and air conditioned CAR
- Meals as mentioned
- Bike and cart on horseback
- Boats and cruises as mentioned
- French speaking guides as mentioned
- Entrance fees for visits
- Tax of visits and excursions during the days of guided visits
- Accommodation in a double / twin room as mentioned Exclusions:
-Pour and other services not indicated
-Fees of bank transfer
- Other services not mentioned